About a half glass of water was spilled on my MacBook yesterday while it was on, Directly, I flipped it and I realized that I have to turn it off, and I did that.
People around me gave me a lot of tissues and I used them to dry some water, then I packed and get home directly.
I took my mother hair dryer and I tried to dry it more, after taking the battery off.
About two hours after,I tried to turn it on, and here was the shock!, four black lines in my screen, I turned it off again and I thought that I have to dry the screen, I took the white front plastic screen cover. and I took the LCD screen out of its place, And it was very wet in the back, I dried it and I tried to turn it on, and now black lines anymore 🙂 .
I spent about one hour to bring back everything to its place.
Everything now is ok.
I hope Apple will make water resist MacBooks in the future 😀
Tips if you have the same case with your laptop in the future :
- Turn it off.
- Unplug it from everything.
- Remove the battery.
- Use some tissues to suck the seen water.
- Use a hair drier to dry the unseen water, and don’t make the air very hot.
- Leave it off until you believe it’s completely dry, maybe for 24 or 48 hour, and remember that things inside might get damaged because they are working while they are wet.
The happy end 🙂